Monolithic integration of a superluminescent diode with a tapered semiconductor power amplifier is proposed. The basic operation of the integrated optical source is demonstrated under pulse conditions. Output power obtained by the integrated device is one to two orders of magnitude higher than the conventional superluminescent diode (SLD) devices.
- Integrated optoelectronics
- Laser diodes
- Optical integrated circuits
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physics and Astronomy (miscellaneous)